Line War 22Q2 Tournament 18-19 June 2022
Note: Information may change before the tournament, come back to this page and look out for any changes.
Welcome to the first official quarterly Line War tournament! This is a two-stage tournament with a group stage on day 1 and a double-elimination final stage on day 2. There is a participants cap of 32 players. Match replays will be recorded. Final stage matches, and selected group stage matches, will be streamed with commentary to the Line War Twitch and YouTube channels.
- Spectators can follow the results live on the tournament website.
- Some matches will be streamed live with commentary on the official Line War Twitch channel.
- Selected group stage matches and all final stage matches will be watchable with commentary on the official Line War YouTube channel.
- Players may also stream their matches on their own Twitch and YouTube channels and/or in the Line War Discord server.
See links below for tournament website, Twitch, and YouTube channels.
Who can participate?
- The signup form to participate will open two weeks before the start of the tournament.
- Players that have played 30 or more matches during the quarter will be eligible to participate.
- One week before the tournament, players who qualify and have signed up will be invited, starting from the top of the quarterly leaderboard.
- Invited players must confirm their participation within three days of the invitation being sent.
- If there are more than 32 signups, additional players will be placed as reserves in the order of their quarterly leaderboard rank.
1) A snapshot of the leaderboard will be saved one week before the start of the tournament. The match counts, rankings, and invitations will be based on this snapshot.
2) In this first tournament, the all-time leaderboard will be used since the game was released on 5 May 2022.
Dates and Times
|Signup Opens||2022-06-04||17:30 UTC||19:30 CEST|
|Signup Closes||2022-06-11||16:00 UTC||18:00 CEST|
|Invitations Sent||2022-06-12||21:00 UTC||23:00 CEST|
|Confirm Deadline||2022-06-14||16:00 UTC||18:00 CEST|
|Group Stage Start||2022-06-18||16:00 UTC||18:00 CEST|
|Final Stage Start||2022-06-19||16:00 UTC||18:00 CEST|
- Website: https://challonge.com/linewar22Q2
- 32 players
- Day 1 features the group stage
- 8 groups of 4 players
- Each player will play once against the other 3 players in the group
- The top 2 players from each group advance to the final stage
- Day 2 features the final stage with double-elimination
- 16 players will participate in the final stage
- Upon first loss in the final stage, a player will move to the losers’ brackets for a second chance
- The grand final features the winner of the winners’ brackets against the winner of the losers’ brackets. There will be 1-2 matches where the winner of the winner’s bracks need only to win once in the grand final and the winner of the losers’ brackets must win twice to become crowned the champion.
- The matches must be played in order as displayed on the tournament site - https://challonge.com/linewar22Q2
- Click on the Match Details magnifying glass by your next Match to find the details of which Seed to play and what Lobby name to join
- In the game go to Challenge and ender a custom Lobby name as stated in the match details, e.g. phoenix and click on Connect
- Any of the players may change the seed to the seed specified in the match details
- Wait in the lobby until your opponent arrives and start the match as soon as possible
- If the opponent does not show up within 15 minutes of a match start, the present player will win by forfeit. See “Reporting” if this happens.
- A pool of world seeds will be determined before the tournament starts.
- World seeds from the predetermined pool will be randomly assigned to matches when they are announced. The seed for a match can be seen in the match details on the tournament site.
- All units and structures in the game are allowed.
- All strategies are allowed.
- Do not extend a match longer than necessary - resign when you see little to no chance to win.
- Players who deliberately delay matches, e.g. by extensive “turtling” and/or building hidden structures to prolong a match, will get disqualified at the discretion of the tournament organizer. See “Reporting” if this happens.
- The base rule is that a disconnected player loses the match. If both players agree, a connection problem can be reported to the tournament organizer and upon confirmation, the match can be replayed if timing allows. See “Reporting” if this happens.
- Report bad sportsmanship, foul language, cheating, and extensive prolongment of a match to the tournament organizer in the #tournament-complaints Discord channel
- Report a request to replay a match following mutual agreement after a disconnect event in the #tournament-rematch Discord channel
- Report if your opponent does not show up for a match in the #tournament-noshow Discord channel
- Act friendly, no harsh language, and respect your opponent. It is recommended to start a match with a “GL HF” chat message (meaning Good Luck, Have Fun) and end a match with “GG” chat message (meaning Good Game) before resigning.
- Chat is allowed during matches, but spamming is not tolerated.
Results and Replays
- Results will automatically be recorded and accessible to the tournament organizer, no manual actions are required by players
- Replays will be automatically recorded and stored for each match, no manual action is required by players
- Replays and results will be publically available to everyone following the event
- Players cannot be set as Anonymous in-game settings starting from the signup date until the day after the tournament final stage.
Over time, prizes may change as Line War grows in popularity. For this first tournament, the prizes are more of a symbolic nature:
- 1st Place
- Discord Tournament Champion Role
- 10x Line War Steam Keys (to give to friends, cannot be sold)
- 2nd Place
- Discord Tournament Silver Role
- 5x Line War Steam Keys (to give to friends, cannot be sold)
- 3rd Place
- Discord Tournament Bronze Role
- 2x Line War Steam Keys (to give to friends, cannot be sold)
- All Finalists
- Discord Tournament Finalist Role
- Tournament Signup Form: https://forms.gle/7Gg3dauN6bEjvt8CA
- Leaderboard: https://linewar.com/leaderboard
- Discord Server Invite: https://discord.com/invite/ZReTqqk4FV
- Tournament Site: https://challonge.com/linewar22Q2
- YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/c/LineWar
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/linewargame
Preparing for the tournament
- Signup to participate in the tournament, signup starts 2 weeks before the tournament (see Links, Dates and Times)
- Keep your eyes open for invitations sent by email (check your spam folder), 1 week before the tournament (see Dates and Times)
- Confirm your invitation, if you received one no later than 4 days before the tournament (see Dates and Times)
- Join the Discord server (see Links) and ensure that you can access the #tournament channels
- Ensure that you have the most recent version of Line War installed before the tournament starts
- Ensure that you visit the tournament site (see Links) and familiarize yourself with where you see match details
- Read through and make sure you understand the rules above carefully